The department aims to play a greater role in the revival of the mining industry as one of the pillars of social and economic development of the country with due recognition to human rights and environmental preservation, thus creating harmonious relationship among citizen to enjoy an equal opportunity to God’s given resources.
The Department of Mining Engineering aims to produce competent and socially responsible professionals geared towards proper extraction and exploitation of economic mineral deposits in sustainable manner. It is committed to society to produce quality, environmentally-friendly and dedicated mining engineers with a high sense of professionalism and courage to accept challenges in life. We aim to develop Mining Engineers in the future in the environment that can do ordinary things extraordinarily that are within the bounds of stakeholders, government, non-government organization & concerns to fosters excellence through practice, academe and entrepreneurship.
- Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering
Mining Engineering is a profession that deals with the application of mathematics, natural and applied sciences, humanities and social sciences in mineral deposit assessment; mine feasibility study; mine design, development and construction; management of mining operations, mining and mineral economics, environmental protection and safety, and associated activities and processes; and mine progressive rehabilitation, closure, and decommissioning to harness mineral resources safely and economically for the social and economic benefits of the country.
Program Educational Objectives
- Be successfully employed in various fields allied with traditional mining engineering such as Environmental Management, Petroleum Engineering, Computerization, etc.
- Possess the needed knowledge, technical expertise, and other capabilities to conduct academic and research-based programs and activities that will cater the needs of the mining industry, the government, and the stakeholders.
- Exhibit good character, shows leadership and practices high standards of ethics as they socialize and work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Be effective in their profession and imbued with a sense of service to their communities, locally or globally, through solving engineering problems in accordance to standards.
- Possess effective communication skills that promote to cooperation and understanding within an environment of diverse cultures, ethics, and practices.
By the time of graduation, the students of the program shall have the ability to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and sciences to solve Mining Engineering problems;
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints, in accordance with standards.
- Function on multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- Identify, formulate, and solve Mining Engineering problems;
- Understand professional, and ethical responsibility;
- Communicate effectively Mining Engineering activities with the engineering community and with societal at large;
- Understand the impact of Mining Engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
- Recognition of the need for, and engage in life-long learning
- Know contemporary issues;
- Use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for Mining Engineering practice; and
- Know and understand engineering and management principles as a member and leader of a team, and to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment;