A leading center of Industrial Engineering education renowned for its excellence and innovation in continuously developing Vanguards with professional competence, research aptitude and personal social responsibility
To produce globally competitive Vanguards who lead in conceptualizing and implementing effective, economical and environmentally sustainable service and manufacturing systems optimization designs through providing practical and advanced knowledge in sciences, engineering and management
To nurture students to lead in the design, improvement and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, information, equipment and energy. Graduates of the Industrial Engineering program are expected to be capable in applying appropriate scientific and mathematical competence in solving diverse contemporary management problems.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
- Master of Engineering major in Industrial Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering program is intended to prepare students for a professional Industrial Engineering career including a leading role in the design, improvement and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, information, equipment, and energy. Graduates of the program must have specialized knowledge and skills in the mathematical, physical, and social sciences together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design to specify, predict, and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems.
Program Educational Objectives
- Must be proficient to design, improve and install effective, economical and environmentally sustainable systems of business resources in manufacturing and service firms.
- Must have the passion for excellence and quest for innovation, and must be trainable, self-motivated, competitive and capable to lead others.
- Must be prepared for graduate work and research in at least one area of the IE field of practice like manufacturing systems engineering, operations research and optimization, human factors engineering and management systems.
- Must be responsive to the needs of the society as well as be proactive in upholding the profession.
- Must be able to plan, develop and manage work standards, statistical process control systems, production planning and materials control systems, manufacturing and service facilities, operations research models for production and operations, and information systems.
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and sciences to solve engineering problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards.
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional, and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- Knowledge of contemporary issues
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments