A leading center for civil engineering education renowned for its excellent undergraduate education that continuously develop values-driven, highly competent and innovative civil engineering graduates
To produce graduates equipped with competence for professional civil engineering careers utilizing the knowledge in the arts, sciences, and engineering in meeting the demands of the local, national, and global communities.General Goal
To develop students to lead in the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of infrastructure and civil works. Graduates of the Civil Engineering Program are expected to be environmentally conscious, prepare for graduate works and research in any area of the Civil Engineering field of practice and must know their professional responsibilities with regard to values, ethics, and lawsPrograms Offered
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Master of Engineering major in Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering is a profession that applies the basic principles of science in conjunction with mathematical and computational tools to solve problems associated with developing and sustaining civilized life on our planet. Civil Engineering works are generally one-of-a-kind projects; they are often grand in scale; and they usually require cooperation among professionals of many different disciplines. The completion of a civil engineering project involves the solution of technical problems in which information from numerous sources and myriad non-technical factors play a significant role. Some of the most common examples of civil engineering works include bridges, buildings, dams, airports and hangars, ports and harbors, highways, tunnels, river and shore improvements, lighthouses, drydocks, irrigations, flood protection, drainage, water supply, and towers. Enumeration of any work in this section shall not be construed as excluding any other work requiring civil engineering knowledge and application.
- Committed to engage in life-long learning and be updated of the current trends and development in any specific field of civil engineering.
- Possess the capacity to plan, design, develop and construct infrastructures and civil works considering the economic, social and environmental significance of their works;
- Possess the ability to do graduate work and research in any area of the various civil engineering fields of practice; and
- Has the ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural groups in diverse fields and expertise locally and globally.
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and sciences to solve engineering problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards.
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional, and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.