A leading center of learning, continuously providing technically equipped, values oriented and globally competitive electronics engineers
To be a leader in developing graduates who are committed to practice professionalism in the rapidly changing field of electronics engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering program is designed to prepare students for the various electronic engineering career paths. The curriculum ensures that students have background in mathematics, natural, physical and allied sciences that can help them develop their analytical and creative abilities. It also contains language courses, social sciences and humanities to ensure that ECE graduates are articulate and are able to understand the nature of their special roles in society and the impact of their works on the progress of civilization. It guarantee a certain breadth of knowledge of the electronics engineering discipline through a set of core courses and ensures depth and focus in certain disciplines through areas of specialization in its track electives. It develops in the students the basic engineering tools necessary to solve problems in the field of electronics engineering which enable the graduates to achieve success in a wide range of careers.
Program Educational Objectives
- Be successfully employed in both private and public organizations as electronics engineer’s responsive to the dynamic needs of the local and global communities
- Solve important problems in a modern technological society as valuable, productive electronics engineers.
- Function and communicate effectively, both individually and within multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Be sensitive to the consequences of their work as electronics engineers, both ethically and professionally, for productive professional careers.
- Have developed a sense of professional responsibility and social awareness and possess the commitment to preserve the environment for sustainable development.
Student or Program Outcomes
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and sciences to solve engineering problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards.
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional, and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- Knowledge of contemporary issues
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Understand at least one specialized field of Electronics Engineering practice.