A top Electrical Engineering Program provider in the country regarded for developing its quality, competent and innovative graduates
To produce high caliber and well-rounded electrical engineers who are leaders in the effective utilization of electrical energy through advanced knowledge in power system engineering and management
To provide the students with an education in the fundamentals of Electrical Engineering that will allow smooth entry into industries or graduate studies. Provide graduates with a good opportunity for continued professional growth; develop a sense of professional responsibility and social awareness; provide practical applications and hands-on work as evidenced by laboratory courses, designs, project studies, computer exercises and practicum courses. These would help the students to work well whether independently or as part of a group.
Electrical Engineering is a profession that involves the conceptualization, development, design and application of safe, health, ethical, economical and sustainable generation, transmission and distribution. It is also concerned with the utilization of electrical energy for the benefit of society and the environment through the knowledge of mathematics, physical sciences, information technology and other allied sciences, gained through formal studies, research and professional practice.
Program Educational Objectives
- Must be able to apply their comprehensive knowledge in both theoretical and practical aspects of electrical engineering.
- Must have developed a sense of professional responsibility and social awareness and possess the commitment to preserve the environment for sustainable development.
- Must be successful in their fields of practice in both private and public organizations responsive to the dynamic needs of the local and global communities.
- Must possess the ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary and multicultural groups, in diverse fields and expertise.
Student or Program Outcomes
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and sciences to solve engineering problems;
- Conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions;
- Apply both analysis and synthesis in the engineering design process, resulting in designs that meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards;
- Function effectively on multidisciplinary teams that establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, and analyze risk and uncertainty;
- Identify, formulate and solve complex problems in electrical engineering;
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations;
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
- Recognize the need for additional knowledge and locate, evaluate, integrate, and apply this knowledge appropriately;
- Articulate and discuss the latest developments in the field of electrical engineering;
- Apply techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice; and
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and/or leader in a team to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.