Be recognized nationally as a provider of excellent undergraduate computer engineering education that builds a strong research and teaching environment to continuously develop values driven, highly competent , and innovative computer engineers.
To produce trainable computer engineering graduates who are prepared to pursue careers in their chosen fields in computer engineering while meeting the needs of local and global communities and gaining knowledge and skills to contribute significantly to society.
To prepare the students for professional engineering career who will effectively and efficiently meet the scientific, technological and various needs of business, industries and communities in the global community. Aside from their professional knowledge and skills, the graduates must also possess strong foundation in the physical and basic engineering sciences as well as in human relations to enable them to meet the challenges being brought about by the rapid technological advancement.
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (BSCpE) is a program that embodies the science and technology of design, development, implementation, maintenance and integration of software and hardware components in modern computing system and computer-controlled equipment. With the ubiquity of computers, computer-based systems and networks in the world today, computer engineers must be versatile in the knowledge drawn from standard topics in computer science and electrical engineering as well as the foundations in mathematics and sciences. Because of the rapid pace of change in the computing field, computer engineers must be life-long learners to maintain their knowledge and skills within their chosen discipline.
Program Educational Objectives
Three to five years after graduation, the graduates of the Department of Computer Engineering of the CIT-University are expected to:
- Must have successful careers in engineering related multidisciplinary fields especially in areas of software design and hardware-software integration systems;
- Must be successfully employed in organizations which emphasize design and implementation of engineering systems and devices as well as continuously adapting to changing technologies;
- Must pursue continuous personal development through advance studies in engineering and other related disciplines and other lifelong learning experiences;
- Must be good members of society possessing full appreciation of the importance of professional, ethical and social responsibilities;
- Must possess the capabilities to engage in technopreneurship.
By the time of graduation, the students of the program shall have the ability to:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve complex engineering problems;
- Ability to design and construct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards;
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams;
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems;
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning;
- Knowledge of contemporary issues;
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice; and
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environment.