A dependable learning-center for Chemical Engineering regarded by industry and government as an essential agent for local and international development
To provide quality education in the development of technically competent, innovative, and values-oriented Chemical Engineers driven towards sustainable growth in the region
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Master of Engineering major in Chemical Engineering
Chemical Engineering is a profession that involves the conceptualization, development, design, improvement and application of safe, healthy, ethical and economic ways of utilizing materials and energy in unit processes and operations for the benefit of society and the environment through the knowledge of mathematics, chemistry, biology, information technology and other natural, applied and social sciences, gained by study, research and practice.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
Within three to five years after obtaining a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering at Cebu Institute of Technology- University, a graduate is expected to:
- successfully practice in the different Chemical Engineering fields,
- assume leadership roles in the chemical process industries, academe and other technological fields.
- contribute to the socio-economic environment of their respective communities
- further develop career and personal skills through life-long learning.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO)
- apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve complex chemical engineering problems;
- design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints, in accordance with standards;
- function in multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- identify, formulate, and solve complex chemical engineering problems;
- understand professional and ethical responsibility;
- communicate effectively complex chemical engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large;
- understand the compact of chemical engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
- recognize the need for, and engage in life-long learning;
- know contemporary issues;
- use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for chemical engineering practice;
- know and understand engineering and management principles as a member and leader of a team, and to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment;
- understand at least one specialized field of chemical engineering practice.